With biophilic design still the phrase on everyone’s lips, Tektura has launched 5 brand new Richard Osbourne murals. Super high-res and incredibly detailed, these panoramic murals are an easy and effective way to bring nature into the interior.
[Tektura have a BCFA Profile]
Biophilia is the idea that we possess an innate tendency to seek connections with nature. Biophilic design is the use of and link to nature in the design of a space, as a way to improve the user’s health and wellbeing. In other words, for interior design, it’s all about bringing the outdoors into the interior! There have been numerous studies over the last 35 years on the benefits of bringing a natural connection into the interior:
- Office design: productivity can be increased by 8%, rates of well-being up by 13%, increases in creativity, with reduced absenteeism and presenteeism
- Hospitality design: guests are willing to pay 23% more for rooms with views of biophilic elements
- Education spaces: increased rates of learning 20-25%, improved test results, concentration levels and attendance, reduced impacts of ADHD
- Healthcare spaces: post-operative recovery times decreased by 8.5%, reduced pain medication by 22%
- Retail: the presence of vegetation & landscaping has been found to increase average rental rates on retail spaces with customers indicating they were willing to pay 8-12 % more for goods and services. (Statistics from Oliver Heath Design)
Their 5 latest Richard Osbourne murals are where we see the next step in biophilic design heading – a different take on colour, perspective and design – each mural brings something new to the world of biophilia.
Scramble over the rocky rapids and be transported into the lush and wild landscape of their new Waterfall photographic mural. Available as wallcovering and window film, Waterfall can be scaled up to 3 x 6.25m.
Enter the misty morning of Bracken Wood. In cosy tones of burnt umber, caramel and sage you can practically feel the crunch of leaves underfoot. A super high res panorama, Bracken Wood can be scaled up to 3 x 14m.
Who says biophilic design needs to be restricted to green tones and colour palettes? In cheerful shades of sunny yellow and sky blue, Autumn Leaves is a colourful quirky option for bringing nature into the interior. Autumn Leaves can be scaled up to 3 x 4.5m.
Look up! Fresh greens and cornflower blues shine through in our new Springtime mural. Dwarfed by towering leafy trees, step into the luscious forest of Springtime (this mural can be scaled up to 3 x 4m).
Plunge into the serene landscape of our new Lake design. A calming photographic mural, Lake can be scaled up to 3 x 6m.
All designs can be printed as window graphic or wallcovering and they can resize and print Richard’s images to fit your space. Turn round is fast and there’s no minimum order. Discover all of Tektura’s Richard Osbourne designs here.
Contact Tektura through their BCFA Product Finder Page