Focus/18 invites all to their design event on the 19th to the 21st September at the Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour. Dedicated to inspire, inform and deliver the best in world-class talent, the dynamic programme offers more than 100 experiential sessions that bring design ideas to life.
Meet established makers, emerging innovators and skilled artisans, listen to star names sharing their ideas and narratives at the Conversations in Design series, and connect with influencers and tastemakers from 120 showrooms and 600+ international brands.
With over 100 events, Focus/18 is a chance to become immersed in a world of forward thinking, inspirational and global talent. Engage with design legends, experience new creative collaborations and connect with influencers, emerging innovators and luxury brands.
This year, Focus/18 celebrates positive power with “Journey of Colour”, a specially commissioned installation by international artist Moritz Waldemeyer, offering an unforgettable immersive experience of light, colour and movement.Access all areas
The Access All Areas programme offers more than 100 experiential sessions, which include glimpses into new collections, Q&As and expert guidance. You can find a detailed list of who is doing what by clicking here – a free resource for every visitor. BCFA members are mentioned in this programme:
- Illustrator Christopher Corr paints the Romo window installation ‘live’ to mark Villa Nova’s first children’s collection.
- The Romo design team reveal insights into the Gardenia collection, including work by botanical illustrator Alfred Wise.
- Hannah Bowen explores Scion’s Japandi collection at Style Library.
- Harlequin’s textile designer Charlie Locking explores the Momentum collection at Style Library.
- Archivist Keren Protheroe and designer Becci Craig delve into the inspiration of William Morris’s Icelandic diaries at Style Library.
- The Style Library window sees a collaboration between Sanderson and British accessories brand, Radley.
BCFA member Stark Carpet have also engaged with Focus/18’s Access All Areas programme, launching their Palms collection with gin cocktails. Head of Creative Daniel Whitlock from Stark Carpet recently discussed their “Geo-Palm” range in more detail with Design Insider – an interesting read before visiting their stand.Entrance is free and courtesy transport is available. You can register here. A site map as well as details on how to get to Focus/18 can be found here.
Design Centre, Chelsea Harbour, London SW10 0XE
Trade preview: 16 – 18 September 2018
All welcome: 19 – 21 September 2018
Entry between 10am – 6pm.