Diversified global manufacturer Milliken & Company highlights its journey towards a more sustainable world in the company’s second annual corporate sustainability report. The report, which is compiled by Milliken & Company includes progress across its global flooring, textile, specialty chemical and healthcare divisions, gives insight into Milliken’s environmental and social commitments by 2025.
“Milliken is meeting the demands of a rapidly changing world,” said Halsey M. Cook, president and CEO of Milliken & Company. “We’re driving progress for sustainability, inclusivity, zero waste, safety and more for the betterment of the planet and our company.”
Using a comprehensive goal scorecard, the 2019 report shares Milliken’s first year of progress towards the company’s 2025 sustainability goals. First introduced in the 2018 report, these goals encompass planet, products and people, and range from zero waste to landfill to fostering an inclusive community that embraces authenticity in the workplace.
- A commitment to analyse all new products applying Life Cycle Analysis (Milliken Flooring has conducted LCAs for nearly all flooring products)
- In 2019 Milliken joined the UN Global Compact, the largest global sustainability effort
- Milliken named one of the world’s most ethical companies by the Ethisphere Institute for the 14th consecutive year
- Joined CEO Action for diversity and inclusion, the largest CEO-driven business commitment to advance diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Developed a content platform with National Geographic to spotlight Milliken’s commitment and convene thought leaders in a broader dialogue for sustainability solutions
- Reduced water usage by 4,000,000 gallons per year
- Assessed by 5 sustainability categories all Milliken’s global carpet tiles are certified Cradle to Cradle Silver
- Reduced indexed greenhouse gas emissions by 12.4%
View the complete report here: www.milliken.com/Sustainability_report
Contact Milliken through the BCFA Product Finder.
The BCFA Product Finder is a unique search engine created especially for interior designers to source contract furnishing companies. Utilising this platform will support your findings for upcoming projects, with over 200 members profiles showcasing the latest product launches, new materials available, industry news and design trends.