The capital’s greatest architectural showcase
Open House will be a unique opportunity to see, explore and learn about amazing architecture and design in your area and across London over one weekend.
Open House London’s selection of buildings for 2014 is more comprehensive than ever before providing a great opportunity to see, explore and learn about amazing architecture and design in your area and across London over one weekend. More than 800 buildings of all kinds not normally open to the public will open their doors across London, alongside a programme of neighbourhood walks, architects on site, engineering and landscape tours, cycle rides and experts’ talks – all for free.
Here is a short list of some of the great things that are going on during 20th – 21st September
- Revealing London’s iconic skyline and towers including The View from the Shard, 30 St Mary Axe (aka the Gherkin) and Citypoint
- London’s infrastructure revealed with the Institution of Civil Engineers – including engineering walks and site visits to major construction and engineering sites
- Nearly 80 projects with Landscape at their heart with the Landscape Institute
- Eco, zero carbon and retrofit buildings, with the chance to talk to experts, see measures in action and discover how you can implement changes in your own home
- Speak with planners, architects and engineers on how they create successful buildings and cities
- Explore the rich heritage of the river at countless riverside sites in 2014 as we team up with Totally Thames
- Archibus tour with Arriva and the London Transport Museum – win a place on an architectural whirlwind tour celebrating the Year of the Bus
For more information please visit the website on www.openhouselondon.org.uk
All Images © Open House London 2014.