The Peace Hospice Care approached JB Commercial Group for a major refurbishment at their Watford hospice and administrative centre.
The Peace Hospice building was originally built in the 1920’s for war veterans but by the late 1990’s was in use as a hospice serving patients with life limiting conditions. The building is a well recognised landmark in Watford and locals are very familiar with the work of this much-loved charity.The brief was to create a hotel environment whilst maintaining high clinical standards.
JB Commercial were delighted to be appointed primary contractors for the works. The final project took a total of eight weeks and was completed on schedule to the delight of all at the Peace Hospice.JB Commercial were pleased to have undertaken the following works during this project:
- En-suite wet rooms created in each bathroom. This included cladding all bathroom walls in hygienic material suitable for such environments.
- All new DDA compliant sanitary ware – rails, shower seats etc.
- Hand-wash stations installed into patient rooms.
- New flooring throughout.
- Scald-safe thermostatic showers,
- Electrical works including data, lighting and power.
- Refurbishment of fitted furniture and headboards within patient rooms
- Skirting throughout.
- kitchenettes into staff area.
- Convert existing staff canteen into new offices.
- Hallway windows.
- New PVC doors to exterior store.
- Electrical upgrade throughout.
- Decorate throughout.
- Furniture Supply.
The feedback received from Peace Hospices Debbie Leven as seen in the local newspaper was as below:
“We went through a full tendering process to ensure that the designer and building contractor selected adhered to our stringent requirements and provided good value for money. Their work has been of the highest quality and met our demanding timeframe and has been sensitive to our needs and the needs of patients and families.”
JB Commercial Interiors were very proud to have undertaken this project and pleased to leave the Hospice with both the clients and patients extremely satisfied with their new look and upgraded facilities. We look forward to be being involved in more projects with them in the future and have already been asked to submit a new proposal for further works.