Two BCFA Members have been shortlisted
The Furniture Makers’ company has announced the three companies in Shortlist for the 2014 Sustainability Award. They are:
- Kitchen manufacturer Premiere Kitchens
- Bed manufacturer Hypnos (BCFA Member)
- Office and contract furniture manufacturer Boss Design (BCFA Member)
The three shortlisted companies will be making presentations to the judges on 21 March, when their entries will be examined in depth and the ultimate winner of this year’s award will be selected.
This year’s prestigious award see’s new judge Nick Hill, head of innovation & quality at Marks & Spencer, added to the panel. Nick will be joining fellow judges:
- Jonathan Hindle, Master of the Worshipful Company of Furniture Makers
- David Walton, chairman of the Furniture Industry Sustainability Programme Steering Committee
- Alan Marshall, liveryman of The Furniture Makers’ Company and environmental adviser to the industry
The judges will be assisted and advised by James Bell, FIRA’s environmental consultant.
The Furniture makers Company commented;
“As always, the standard of entries received was very high, demonstrating the commitment the furniture manufacturing industry has towards improving its sustainable performance. We are also pleased to welcome Nick Hill to the panel of judges and we are sure his contribution will be invaluable. We are grateful for Marks & Spencer’s continued active commitment to the livery as corporate members.”
Presentation of the trophy will take place at The Furniture Makers’ Company Installation Dinner on 12 May, at the Mansion House London.
Below we show some example of the brilliant manufacturing processes that Boss Design and Hypnos have in place: